What is Case Picking?
Case picking is a process that involves the use of automation to pick individual items from bulk storage and pack them into cases or containers. This application is commonly used in industries such as e-commerce, retail, and logistics, where there is a high volume of order fulfillment and need for efficient and accurate picking and packing operations.
Order Fulfillment with Manual or Automated Case Picking
Manual or automated case picking solutions are geared toward high SKU traffic, high throughput, and significant expansion. Designed to select and retrieve cases or containers of products from storage locations for order fulfillment or distribution, case picking systems can streamline the picking process, improve efficiency, and reduce labor costs.
Adaptec’s experienced team of engineers and technicians combined with our broad product offering and custom integration skills, allow us to offer you a tailored solution for your high-volume order fulfillment needs.
- Worker travels to the product
- Use when volume of product is low
- Use when configuration change is frequent or imminent
- Product moves to the worker
- Use when higher costs can be offset by volume and greater reductions in labor needed
- Three automated case picking systems:
- Powered conveyor storage/sort system
- Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)
- Automated case or item-pick system
Item recognition and localization
Robots and End-of-Arm Tooling
Conveyor and Sorting Systems
Packing algorithms and Case Configuration
Case Closing and Labeling
Integration with Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Contact the Team
Fill out the form below and our team
will be in touch soon or call (800) 724-5794.
For Emergency Service call (866) 229-5065.