What is a Carousel?
Storage carousels are an automated material handling system with rotating shelves that move up or down in response to your commands, delivering items to you through ergonomically safe and convenient access windows. These systems are typically used in warehouses and distribution centers to vertically store and retrieve goods or materials. They maximize storage capacity while optimizing picking and storage processes.
Carousels are particularly useful for storing small to medium-sized items such as parts, tools, components, and other inventory with high turnover rates. By automating the storage and retrieval process, carousels can optimize warehouse operations, reduce errors, and improve material handling processes.
- Maximize vertical space
- Increase picking speeds and order accuracy
- Improve operator productivity and morale
- Safely store and retrieve uniform or uniquely shaped items
- Shorten pick time through reduced walk distance
- Improve inventory record accuracy
- Easily enter additional SKUs for growing operations
- Improve customer service and response time
- Reduce shrinkage and product damage
- Reduce or eliminate unnecessary paperwork
- Reduce space requirements and maximize cube utilization
- Reduce equipment downtime
Hänel High-Density Carousels
Founded in 1953 by Gerhard Hänel, Hänel products are developed by innovation and performance, allowing the company to become one of the leading storage and organization systems providers By partnering with Hänel, Adaptec can offer a flexible storage and provisioning system with products including the Hanel Lean-Lift® and Hanel Rotomat® Carousel System.
The Hanel Lean-Lift® uses available room heights, similar to high bay racking. Unlike high bay racking, the Lean-Lift stores the parts without losing storage space by height optimization. This results in maximum storage capacity on a minimum footprint.
The Hanel Rotomat® Carousel System has revolutionized warehousing, material handling, and retrieval times. With Hanel Carousel storage, capacity is increased by up to 60%, with enormous reductions in work time achieved.
Benefits of a Hänel storage system
- More than 60% space savings – Rotomat® makes use of available room height and creates up to 60% more storage capacity due to its compact design
- Work time slashed – Parts arrive at retrieval area in just a few seconds
- Increased ergonomics – No more bending, ladder climbing, or walking to search for and store parts
- Sustainability – Hänel is committed to environmental protection
- Tailormade intralogistics concepts
Featured Case Studies
Dive into real-world examples of Adaptec’s vast capabilities portfolio, showcasing the transformative power of automation and material handling solutions. Our case studies provide an insightful glimpse into the strategies and outcomes achieved through the integration of automation solutions.
Contact the Team
Fill out the form below and our team
will be in touch soon or call (800) 724-5794.
For Emergency Service call (866) 229-5065.