Adaptec Becomes Partner of Choice for Medical Warehouse Expansion Project
A nation-leading academic medical center began a multi-year expansion project that included renovating a regional hospital. To ensure uninterrupted hospital operations, an offsite warehouse was established to receive non-emergency materials from vendors, sort them by facility, and subsequently ship them to the hospital. In addition to supporting the expansion project, the facility took on a larger role in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The medical center was required to hold increased reserves for personal protective equipment (PPE), eventually storing medical items for multiple local sites.
With insufficient warehouse storage space to accommodate the unexpected influx of medical equipment, the customer’s project consultant searched for vendor/partners to identify all necessary system components and formalize their specifications.
Partnership with Adaptec Solutions
- Preliminary Discussions – Adaptec collaborated with the medical center on their storage requirements through a series of virtual meetings. Discussions focused on the use cases for the new facility, including storage volume, product weights, throughput volume and velocity, functionality requirements, and more. This allowed Adaptec to collaborate with the customer to understand their problem and offer a range of potential solutions.
- Partnership – Following preliminary discussions, Adaptec became the medical center’s preferred vendor for their warehouse expansion. Subsequently, a close partnership began to develop to refine and formalize the proposal specifications.
- Proposal – Adaptec’s proposal specifications addressed all the requirements identified during the initial meetings. As part of the collaboration process with the customer on final system specifications, Adaptec offered cost-saving opportunities through layout optimizations which were recognized by the customer while still meeting all project requirements.
- Software – Additionally, Adaptec provided a custom software component for a large case-flow area, which included digital tags and displays to assist their staff with order pick and place.
Installation & Continued Partnership
The successful completion of this project establishes Adaptec Solutions as a trusted partner for the medical center’s material handling needs. After equipment installation, the customer’s warehouse management team consistently relies on Adaptec for ongoing modifications and new initiatives as they prepare the facility to reach full capacity, as well as collaborating with Adaptec on projects at other university facilities. The valued relationship Adaptec has built is a testament to our adaptability, allowing us to create superior, truly tailored solutions for our customers.
- Ridg-U-Rak Selective Pallet Racking
- Engineered Product Flow Lanes
- Nashville Wire – Wire Decks
- Wulftec Stretch Wrapper
- Custom U-Carts
- Steel King Guard Rail
- Production Basics Workstations
- WireCrafters Rack Back & Security Cages
- Adaptec Custom Software
Contact the Team
Fill out the form below and our team
will be in touch soon or call (800) 724-5794.
For Emergency Service call (866) 229-5065.