Flexible Conveyor System Automation with Diverters & Gates
Adaptec engineers solutions for diverting all your product types – fragile and solid. Effective diverters can be essential to the continuous flow of your production or distribution line.
SpanTech Powered Divert Conveyor
Alleviate accumulation issues with a powered divert conveyor
The powered divert sorting and merging conveyor is an ideal solutions for non-rigid and bagged products. It is especially useful for non-rigid items, such as bagged products. Powered diverts are also valuable for applications with a limited conveyor length, specifically where a standard, stationary divert rail (with a lesser angle of deflection) would be too long to fit within the available space. The powered divert helps the product continue moving forward, alleviating accumulation issues. The powered divert is a small conveyor (Minilink or Multispan) turned at a 90° angle and suspended above the horizontal chain.
- Helps push the product across the horizontal chain
- Usually powered by a WA20 or WA30 gearmotor
- Product must be large enough to avoid falling between the two parallel conveyors
- Food production
Dorner Diverters & Gates
Control Product Flow
Controlling the continuous flow of products through the line is critical to maintain efficiency. Product flow is achieved using a variety of methods and components depending upon the product, flow path and equipment with which to interface. Product can be diverted using static guides and plows or dynamic gates and paddles.
- Changes product direction to single or multiple locations
- Often used to meter flow to specific areas or separate products based on certain attributes
- Control via proximity switches, photo eyes and counters are typical
- Motion can be achieved via pneumatic or electric components
Featured Case Studies
Dive into real-world examples of Adaptec’s vast capabilities portfolio, showcasing the transformative power of automation and material handling solutions. Our case studies provide an insightful glimpse into the strategies and outcomes achieved through the integration of automation solutions.
Contact the Team
Fill out the form below and our team
will be in touch soon or call (800) 724-5794.
For Emergency Service call (866) 229-5065.